Ariko Iso to Return to OSU as Head Football Athletic Trainer

June 8th, 2011

On Wednesday, Athletic Director Bob De Carolis, announced that Ariko Iso will return to OSU as the Head Football Athletic Trainer. Ariko has achieved many accomplishments in her athletic training career so far. After graduating from OSU in 1993, she went on to get her Master’s in Physical Education at San Jose State University. Since 2002 Arkio has worked as the assistant athletic trainer for the Pittsburg Steelers, which included working in three Super Bowls with the team. In this position she also broke down gender barriers as the first and only female athletic trainer in the NFL. Iso said in a press release,

I’m very excited for the opportunity that lies ahead at my alma mater. Oregon State is where I started my athletic training education and I’m looking forward to returning to the beautiful campus after being away for 15 years. I have many fond memories of Corvallis as a student and I’m ready to make more.

Iso is an example of what graduates from OSU’s Athletic Training program can do with their degree. As stated on the Athletic Training website,

Oregon State University sponsors one of the oldest, most established athletic training programs in the United States. This program has been continuously approved/accredited by the National Athletic Trainers’ Association (JRC-AT/CAATE) and/or the Commission on the Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs since 1974. The program is based on a 4 year academic plan with 2 full years of clinical experience. Student clinical experiences will vary, but will include several different university settings as well as high school settings.

The OSU community looks forward to welcoming Ariko Iso back to Beaver Nation!

Go Beavs!
-KT