Meet Current Student Sara King

December 23rd, 2010

Current student Sara King with Benny the Beaver

Today I had the opportunity to interview a current student at Oregon State University. Sara King a junior in accounting from Portland, Oregon took some time out of her relaxing holiday break to share her experience being a Beaver Believer. Check out what she said…

Why did you choose Oregon State University?

I wanted to attend a large school that offered lots of options for me as a student. It was also important for me to find a school that had an excellent College of Business. OSU was the school that offered me all of these things and much more.

What’s the best thing about being a Beaver?

The school spirit on and off campus and the town of Corvallis, OR.

Best class at OSU?

My favorite class so far has been Art 101. For me this class was particularly interesting because it’s so different than the business classes that generally fill up my schedule.

Have you taken advantage of any opportunities to get involved on campus or throughout the community?

Last summer I had the opportunity to study abroad in Argentina for 6 weeks to fulfill requirements for my Spanish minor. Currently I am involved in my sorority Alpha Chi Omega, as well as being a young life leader, and a TOUR Ambassador. One of my favorite things I have been involved with is a club that I founded called the Global Business Brigades. The purpose of this club is to plan one week trips to offer business skills to communities in need.

What is your favorite OSU memory?

When we beat USC the #1 football team in the nation my freshman year!

Do you have any plans after graduation?

This summer I have an internship with a public accounting firm which I hope will lead to a job once I graduate in June 2012. I also have the pleasure of studying for the CPA exam.            

Best piece of advice you can give a prospective student who’s considering OSU…

Talk to as many current students on campus as you can to get the best idea of the type of people you would be around for 4 years. Also, look into the program and courses you are interested in pursuing.

-ALS

One Response to “Meet Current Student Sara King”

1. I met Sara quiet a while ago and I wish her all the best!