President Obama and Family Cheer for the Beavs!

December 1st, 2009

POTUS and the First Family attended the OSU vs. George Washington game to root on the OSU Men’s Basketball Team. If you’ve been living under a rock, OSU Men’s Head Basketball Coach Craig Robinson is the brother of First Lady Michele Obama.

From the Huffington Post:

President Obama attended today’s Oregon State-George Washington University basketball game to cheer on his brother-in-law, Beavers coach Craig Robinson. The first lady, Malia and Sasha Obama, and President Obama’s mother-in-law Marian Robinson were in attendance as well. According to the AP, the family was “intensely interested in the outcome.” All of the cheering paid off, as Oregon State won, 64-57. Below, see photos of the Obamas rooting for the Beavers.

Click the pictures for access to more photos on the Huffington Post website.

–mko

5 Responses to “President Obama and Family Cheer for the Beavs!”

1. Jordan says:

I love how Obama is really into the game! BTW, on the home page your pictures for this post overlaps the side bar. Not sure if you knew that..

2. James says:

Thanks for the notice, Jordan! I sized the photos down.

-jm

3. Barry says:

LOL. Guess I have been living under a rock. I did not know Coach Robinson was the brother of First Lady Michelle Obama. That is definitely good to know. As I look at the pictures I see the resemblance. Thanks for the post.. and for lifting the rock off me:~)

4. slick deals says:

I love how Obama is really into the game! BTW.

5. [...] The cool board is a Visitor Center tradition that dates back to before my time as a TOUR student. Which was, *ahem* some time ago. We always post the names of our student visitors on the Cool Board as a first welcome to our campus. As you can see, our Veterans Day crowd completely filled up the Cool Board. So, we used our overflow cool space, otherwise known as our life sized cutout of men’s basketball coach Craig Robinson. [...]