OSU information system down for maintenance 9/5-9/8

August 25th, 2009

OSU information system offline 9/5-9/8

Oregon State will be transitioning to an updated version of our student information system (Banner) over Labor Day weekend. Since this is a pretty big update, we are expected to be without access to Banner until September 9th. This means that we will not be able to process, search, review or update any applicant information until the upgrade is complete.

We apologize for any inconvenience during our upgrade.
-bv

5 Responses to “OSU information system down for maintenance 9/5-9/8”

1. Yasir says:

A similar situation arose in York University where the student system as well as the registrar system was offline for 2-3 days.

Things can really get complicated when something like that happens.

2. anunturi says:

Why do you apologize? Down time is something normal. I guess 3 days is a little, but once again nothing is perfect.

Regards,
    Anunturi from GA

3. James says:

@Anunturi:

Thanks for your understanding…While downtime is normal for any system update, we do want to make sure we let students know anyway.

-jm

4. Downtime is perfectly normal, but thanks for posting! It’s totally appreciated:-)

5. Nicol says:

Ok this may sound like a funny question but I know you can get grants to go to school and all that an you just have to find the school and then they will help you with all that. How do I get a personal grant, every site I get on wants to charge me, I have contacted employment agencies they don’t give me an answer, do you know who I would go about contacting to find out info on that.
    thank you for your time