Need Money for College? Attend College Goal Oregon

January 6th, 2009

Hey everyone! I was sent information on an interesting program called College Goal Oregon, which will be held on Saturday, January 24th. This is a free program in which students and parents interested in receiving help in applying for money for college can attend College Goal Oregon. There are 27 sites around the state so literally everywhere is covered! If you’re feeling lost in the process about things like FAFSA, loans, grants, financial aid, scholarships, or if yothis is See the listings by clicking here for the one nearest you.

What is College Goal Oregon?
College Goal Oregon is a FREE event on Saturday, January 24th designed to help Oregon college-bound students and their families with the financial aid application process. Everyone is invited to attend this event, whether they are high school or non-traditional returning students. Financial aid professionals will be on hand to help attendees complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and the Oregon Student Assistance Commission (OSAC) scholarship application.

Who should attend College Goal Oregon?
Anybody who needs financial aid for postsecondary education should attend College Goal Oregon. Even though many of the sites are community colleges, you do not need to be attending (or planning on attending) that college to get help.

What do I do?
1. Visit the College Goal Oregon website at http://www.collegegoaloregon.org/
2. Attend a FREE event at a site near you. Bring a parent if possible.
3. Bring documents listed on the website under the “FAQs” section
4. An expert will help you fill out the FAFSA form and answer your questions.

College Goal Oregon

–mko

12 Responses to “Need Money for College? Attend College Goal Oregon”

1. Thanks that sound great

2. Geld Lenen says:

Great, is this also useful for exchange students?

Thanks, Geld

3. Julius Reid says:

Or you can try to make some money online here.

4. bryan hall says:

HELLO!MY NAME IS BRYAN HALL FROM BLAKELY GA. I ATTENDED ALBANY STATE UNIV TEN YEARS AGO. I DIDN’T GRADUATE BECAUSE I WAS NAIVE AND FOOLISH AT THE TIME. NOW I’M I SERIOUS ABOUT LIFE AND I WANT A BETTER FUTURE. BUT MY FIANCIAL AID IS THE PROBLEM THAT IS HINDER ME FROM FURTHER MY EDUCATION. MY STUDENT LOANS ARE IN DEFAULT AND I DON’T HAVE ANY MONEY. CAN YOU HELP ME IN REACHING MY DREAMS.

THANK YOU,
    BRYAN HALL

5. Marleigh says:

Bryan,

Unfortunately, I can’t really answer that question for you. I would encourage you to talk to your student loan lenders about your situation to see if they have any solutions for you. Realistically speaking, the only way that I’m aware of that your financial situation would have an effect on your admissibility to OSU would be if you owed money to a previously attended college or university that would not release official transcripts to us for that reason.

Marleigh

6. I think financial education should be taught in all schools and then a lot of the hassle people face, especially in terms of affording college fees would help massively and avoid a lot of pain.

7. xyme says:

I’m planning to have my masters degree on United States, this thing could help me.. one of my choices is your school… this will help thousands of people who doesn’t have money to enter college..

8. I am considering going abck to school and financial aid woudl eb a great help. I will consider this school. I will contact the admin dept for more assitance.

Thanks

9. College is very expensive. I have tried to get finical aid before with no luck. I will try this out. Not sure how successful this will be.

Thanks

10. Pierre L says:

I following your blog for some time now and i like it alot. But how do i subscribe to your blog?

11. Thank you for your great post. College is indeed very expensive. I agree with Alex, I also think financial education should be taught in all schools

12. Erin says:

@ Pierre, You can subscribe to the blog from the blog’s homepage at: http://oregonstate.edu/admissions/blog/. The subscribe section is on the right side of the page.

-EVA