Let it Snow!

December 19th, 2008

n19711274_34942439_5763

Corvallis, Oregon State University, and the rest of the northwest have had some interesting weather these past few days. Late starts, delays, icy roads, snow tires, and school closures for the day have been the norm around here this week, but that usually isn’t the case. I spoke with Alex in the visitor’s center who has lived here for 28 years and she said that this has been the most snow she’s seen in Corvallis since she can remember! I was snapping some photos of campus and met with some current international students from Thailand who were outside the Valley Library enjoying the snow! Thanks to Lindsay and Beth (two members of the Office of Admissions team) and Rick from OSU’s Ecampus for sending some of the other photos my way. Check ‘em out!

For Corvallis, this is a lot of snow, but OSU has remained open for business for the most part. You can view the campus alert status by visiting this website or calling 541-737-8000.

To our prospective students: please note that the members of the office of admissions are working hard to respond to your inquiries! We appreciate your patience and flexibility as we continue to battle mother nature!

To everyone: please drive safely during this holiday season!

–mko

22 Responses to “Let it Snow!”

1. Dan Crouch says:

Nice work guys, great pics!

dc

2. Jordans says:

“http://oregonstate.edu/admissions/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/dsc01057.jpg”

I love that shot. :)

3. Pete says:

Those are nice shots. I took some similar ones like that of UVA in the snow. IT was awesome too!

4. host says:

It looks Like Its freezing out there,sub-zero!
    I loved the Picture’s,especially This one in particular.
    http://oregonstate.edu/admissions/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/pc190177.jpg

Seems to be wonderfully taken,The Environment Is also responsible for this fantastic Shot.

5. Edu Backlink says:

the school really looks nice covered in snow!

6. Livecams says:

Beautiful pictures, you can feel it is cold.

7. Mike Collins says:

Today’s the first day of spring! Hopefully we won’t see anymore snow til next year…I’m tired of shoveling!

8. James says:

I heard that, Mike! Here’s to another beautiful Oregon spring.

-jm

9. mlm training says:

Those are some very beautiful pictures. I really envy you. Wish I could go back to college again.

10. Ed Lau says:

Great pictures dude!

11. Great pictures, I love the snow, but where’s the snowman!?

12. Takt time says:

Amazing photos I love Corvallis what a beautiful town!

13. Excellent photos! In French, je vends des radiateurs inertie, qualité allemande, excellent prix, pour les particuliers ou professionnel, cliquez sur le lien.

14. Great pictures, where’s the snowball fighting? Can’t not have snow and no snowball fight thats just wrong :)

15. Hi, I thought i’d post a comment and let you know your page layout is really screwed up on the Firefox browser. Seems to work fine on IE however. Anyhow keep up the good work.

16. Beautiful pictures. Ice cold :-)

17. Dave K says:

I went to OSU from 1986-1991 (okay 4.5 years but I made it) and I don’t think we had even one snow day. Maybe one, but nothing like this. I’m sure Corvallis shut down, but the pics are awesome. Brings back memories.

18. Cellulean says:

Those photo look really good. I never experienced snow because I live in Jamaica. Maybe a good thing though :)

19. I was searching Google to see how the snowstorm is in the states right now and I ended up here. It’s simply an amazing photo. Props for this, it’s my new wallpaper!

20. Wow those pictures are absolutely fantastic. Snow always look so beautiful when it first falls. I wish it always stayed so pretty and did not turn into ugly,grey,dirty slush!

21. H.P. Jones says:

I just love the pic specially pc190177.jpg.

I hope you dont mind I copied the picture and have since made it my desktop background … very nice

22. Chagorm S says:

So beautiful pictures.
    Thanks for sharing