Corvallis is America’s Safest Small City…Again

December 13th, 2008

Farmers Insurance has once again release its safest places to live report. Once again, Corvallis is listed as the safest small city in America:

Corvallis is the safest small city in the nation, according to a report released Monday by Farmers Insurance.

The company looked into crime statistics; the risk of various natural disasters; the threat of a terrorist attack; the quality of the local air as well as several other measures.

Farmers spokesman, Jerry Davis, says after 9/11 the industry wanted to reward cities for preparing themselves and this annual ranking has proved successful.

We love Corvallis and we think you will too. The winter break is a great time to visit us here on the OSU campus. You can set up a personalized visit by visiting our personalized visit page. If you are interested in checking out Corvallis while you’re in town for a tour, be sure to let us know. If you are extra nice, we’ll even give up the top local spots to grab a bite!

16 Responses to “Corvallis is America’s Safest Small City…Again”

1. They should have low tax payments because there’s less need of police forces etc.?

2. Brad says:

I have been in Corvallis for 4 year. I can say this: Corvallis is the safest place in America.. And I saw OSU Campus..

3. france guide says:

This place looks amazing. I haven’t been there, but the picture looks like ‘Kremlin’

4. Travellot says:

I agree with Brad
    “Corvallis is the safest place in America”

Very Peaceful

5. A friend of mine travelled to Corvallis last year, she took a couple of pics about it, and it seems like a really nice place.

6. patio door says:

Corvallis is awesome – must be the “safest place in America”. If you’ve been there, you know. NOT like New York or LA for that matter!

7. Corvallis definetely should have lower taxes due to the lower crime…just imagine how nice it would be to raise kids in that city! ok maybe im getting ahead of myself here :)

8. giclee says:

Ive had friends do a tour of Corvallis and they said it was awesome. great architecture on the buildings and the food was wonderful. I really want to go!

9. Corvallis is America’s Safest Small City…Again this is true seriously once i was there. Gr8 peace with no obligations.

10. yes watever you have specify it,s true

11. Once a time I went to Corvallis, it ws great. Safe and small. :)

12. Melissa Kay says:

I just drove through there heading up north. Totally agree, nice place!

13. India Travel says:

I have been through Corvallis while on a road trip! Nice place!

14. Frank says:

We have relatives that live in Corvallis and attended OSU. I would surely recommend Corvallis to anyone seeking a safe place to live and raise a family.

15. I love Corvallis… Looks so peaceful.

16. Corvallis sounds lovely. We are from New Zealand which is like a Corvallis of the Asia Pacific. New Zealand is a long way from anywhere and has a small population – therefore crime is low :-)