OSU Baseball in the Baseball Hall of Fame

November 12th, 2007

This post has been a long time coming (was awaiting the pictures from my travel companion).

My buddy and I traveled to Cooperstown, NY for the Baseball Hall of Fame induction ceremony for Tony Gwynn and Cal Ripken, Jr. this summer. We wanted to get some solid time in the HOF museum, so we spent a day before and after the ceremony roaming the museum, gawking at hallowed pieces of baseball history (that’s him with the goofy smile…kid in a candy store).
Baseball Hall of Fame Museum, Cooperstown, NY

So on one of the upper floors, we turn a corner into an area baseballs from all the no-hitters and perfect games in the major leagues. My buddy says, “Check it out, Nolan Ryan’s…”. I interrupted him with “NO WAY!!!! CHECK THIS OUT!!!!”, and jerk him by the arm.

My favorite discovery at the Baseball HOF

It was a pretty proud moment. Got many great comments throughout the weekend as I was (obviously) wearing my Beaver gear. At the induction ceremony (us and 10,000 of our closest friends) sat in front of some guys from Omaha who became Beaver Believers over the last three years at the CWS.

Get yourself to Cooperstown!
The real deal…2006 taking a spot in the Baseball HOF
GO BEAVS!
-bv

UPDATE: A nod to Mitch Canham, a.k.a. Mitchy Slick, “….this is how the ring look…”
This is how the ring(s) look….