Employment & Income Verification Procedure
Important Employment & Income Verification Information
For Student Employees:
To obtain an employment verification on a student employee, please fax a request along with an employee signed release to 541-737-7771.
All Other Employees:
Go to www.theworknumber.com or call 800-367-5690. You will need the OSU Employer Code: 14817
OSU Employees can be looked up using their OSU ID Number with a leading zero. Ex: 0-93x-xxx-xxx
Frequently Asked Questions
Why does Oregon State University use The Work Number to provide automated employment and income verifications?
- The Work Number saves time for Oregon State University employees by removing this burdensome task from their day.
- The Work Number reduces Oregon State University’s risk of liability from providing erroneous or unauthorized information.
- Verifiers get immediate, convenient access to information that is accurate and secure.
- The employee receives the benefit of a quick turnaround service. There is no cost to the employee to use this service.
What is a Salary Key? How does an employee obtain a Salary Key?
- A Salary Key is a form of employee authorization to release income.
- The employee may get a Salary Key by visiting www.theworknumber.com or by calling 1-800-367-2884.
Who can use The Work Number service? Who is considered a verifier?
- Any lending institution, property manager or other business that needs to verify employment or income of an employee.
What is considered a Social Services verification?
- Social Services verifications are used for Food Stamps, TANF, Medicaid, Child Support, WIC, Housing, Social Security, etc.
The Work Number Client Service Center
1-800-424-0253 (TTY – Deaf)
Monday – Friday; 7:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. (CST)