Inside OSU: New Employee Resources
What is Orientation?
A comprehensive orientation for the new employee:
- Provides the new employee with information that will ease the transition into the workplace;
- Paints a precise picture of the department and the institution as a whole;
- Introduces the new employee to departmental goals, policies and procedures, customs and traditions;
- Conveys the employer’s expectations;
- Relieves the new employee’s anxieties about starting a new job; and
- Inspires the new employee to have a good attitude toward the University and his/her new job.