The Compensation Philosophy defines 3 employee segments: Senior Leadership, Mid-Level Directors and Staff, and Functional Experts and Professionals.
- Comparison markets for benchmarking purposes will differ across the three segments:
|Senior Leadership and HE Specific Professionals||Higher Ed (National Peers TBD), Higher Ed (Regional Peers TBD)||National / Regional|
|Mid-Level Directors and Staff||Higher Ed (Regional TBD), General Industry||National / Regional / Local|
|Functional Experts and Professionals||General Industry: Local market (TBD) when available||Regional / Local|
- All 3 employee segments have the same target market position (market median); differences in comparison markets are intended to identify appropriate talent markets:
- Senior Leadership has a higher education-specific comparison market
- Mid-Level Directors and Staff have a blended higher education/general industry comparison market
- Functional Experts and Professionals have a general industry-focused comparison market
Individual benchmark positions may require specialized market comparator sources.