- OHR Units
- Employee Benefits
- Strategic Staffing/Workforce Planning (formerly Employment Services)
- Classification & Compensation
- HR Solutions (formerly ERCC)
- Systems & Technology (formerly Strategic & Technical Services)
- Learning and Organizational Development
- Life Balance
- A to Z Index
Glossary of Human Resource Terminolgy
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Affirmative Action Advertising and Recruiting Resource Directory
Auxiliaries and Activities Business Center
academic wage appointment
An academic wage appointment is a short-term, non-recurring, work assignment that typically does not involve teaching responsibilities and has a duration of 90 calendar days or less. It is appropriate to use this appointment method when:
- The workload is intermittent/sporadic, but ongoing.
- A person is being placed into an "acting" appointment (those positions filled on a temporary basis to replace a regular, unclassified employee on leave).
- A current, regular status employee is provided an unclassified developmental opportunity (a temporary job assignment that allows an employee to gain new skills and experience relevant to his/her career goals).
ACTING appointments are those positions filled on a temporary basis to replace a regular unclassified employee on leave. The appointment method is to place the acting employee on an academic wage appointment, NOT a regular unclassified appointment. Acting appointments expected to last six months or longer require approval from the Office of Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity.
INTERIM appointments are those positions filled on a temporary basis while a search is being conducted or reorganization is taking place. They require approval from the Office of Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action if you want to place someone into the position through a non-competitive process. Follow the detailed instructions for completing a non-competitive search at http://oregonstate.edu/affact/hiring. You must submit a non-competitive “fill” action through the online recruitment system.
If the appointment is expected to last 90 days or less, the Office of Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action may give you permission to place the interim employee on a short-term academic wage appointment. The appointment type is at the discretion of the OAAEO.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Agricultural Sciences and Marine Sciences Business Center
Monthly Appointment Percent
Arts and Sciences Business Center
Academic Wage Appointment (same as AW)
Background Check (Criminal)
Benefit and Deduction Codes
Business and Engineering Business Center
Bureau of Labor and Industries, State of Oregon
College of Agricultural Science, OSU
Continued Benefits for Injured Workers
Coalition of Graduate Employees
College of Liberal Arts, OSU
A classified position is one that typically performs technical and office support duties. Classified positions are covered by a collective bargaining agreement at OSU.
College of Oceanic and Atmospheric Sciences, OSU
College of Business, OSU
Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act