- OHR Units
- Employee Benefits
- Strategic Staffing/Workforce Planning (formerly Employment Services)
- Classification & Compensation
- HR Solutions (formerly ERCC)
- Systems & Technology (formerly Strategic & Technical Services)
- Learning and Organizational Development
- Life Balance
- A to Z Index
07. Will my work assignments change, and can I supplement my FTE?
Subject:Partial Tenure Relinquishment
A reduction in your indefinite tenure FTE from 1.0 to 0.75 will reduce your work effort or employment FTE, unless you supplement your work effort and service with approved work activities, such as external grants, contracts, clinical services, ECampus activities, etc. Increasing your employment FTE will require the approval of your department chair/head and dean. Talk to your department chair/head before pursuing these activities.
You and your department chair/head will discuss your work assignments to ensure that the work identified on your position description appropriately reflects your FTE level, and your position description will be modified, if necessary, to incorporate any changes. You and your department chair/head should be in agreement on your revised position description prior to entering into a Partial Tenure Relinquishment Agreement.