- OHR Units
- Employee Benefits
- Strategic Staffing/Workforce Planning (formerly Employment Services)
- Classification & Compensation
- HR Solutions (formerly ERCC)
- Systems & Technology (formerly Strategic & Technical Services)
- Learning and Organizational Development
- Life Balance
- A to Z Index
01. What is the Family and Medical Leave Act?
Subject:Family Medical Leave
The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) is a federal law designed to help you preserve your job and benefits when you need time off from work to take care of a new child or deal with serious health situations involving your family or yourself. FMLA can help you be confident of your decisions as you balance family needs with your work schedule. You can take time off to attend to such critical life events without losing your employment and health insurance coverage.