- OHR Units
- Employee Benefits
- Strategic Staffing/Workforce Planning (formerly Employment Services)
- Classification & Compensation
- HR Solutions (formerly ERCC)
- Systems & Technology (formerly Strategic & Technical Services)
- Learning and Organizational Development
- Life Balance
- A to Z Index
16. Can I take intermittent or reduced hour leave to care for a new child?
Subject:Family Medical Leave
Yes, employees may request intermittent or reduced hour leave to care for a new child with your supervisor's approval. The regulations say an employee may request to work an intermittent or reduced schedule within a set time frame. Check with your supervisor. Your leave must be taken within 12 months after the birth or placement for adoption or foster care.