- OHR Units
- Employee Benefits
- Strategic Staffing/Workforce Planning (formerly Employment Services)
- Classification & Compensation
- HR Solutions (formerly ERCC)
- Systems & Technology (formerly Strategic & Technical Services)
- Learning and Organizational Development
- Life Balance
- A to Z Index
07. What is the definition of a family member?
Subject:Family Medical Leave
Under FMLA, a family member includes a son, daughter, spouse or parent. The OFLA definition is the same, but also includes a parent-in-law and same-gender domestic partner. FMLA protections do not extend to same or opposite-gender domestic partners although OSU sick leave policies do in some instances.