- OHR Units
- Employee Benefits
- Strategic Staffing/Workforce Planning (formerly Employment Services)
- Classification & Compensation
- HR Solutions (formerly ERCC)
- Systems & Technology (formerly Strategic & Technical Services)
- Learning and Organizational Development
- Life Balance
- A to Z Index
04. How is the Criminal History Check process initiated?
Subject:Motor Vehicle History Check
If a position requires a Criminal History Check, finalists for the position will be instructed to complete and submit a Criminal History Check Disclosure Notice and Release Authorization so the Criminal History Check can be completed while the other verifications (employment, education, etc.) being are completed. To expedite the fingerprint based check, the Department of Public Safety can perform this service free of charge. If an applicant is on campus for their final interview and a fingerprint based Criminal History Check is required, you are encouraged to make an appointment with the Department of Public Safety staff.
Finalists should be instructed to send completed Criminal History Check Disclosure Notice and Release Authorizations directly to the Office of Human Resources as indicated on the signature page of the release. Once the release is received by the Office of Human Resources, the process of running the Criminal History Check will begin.