- OHR Units
- Employee Benefits
- Strategic Staffing/Workforce Planning (formerly Employment Services)
- Classification & Compensation
- HR Solutions (formerly ERCC)
- Systems & Technology (formerly Strategic & Technical Services)
- Learning and Organizational Development
- Life Balance
- A to Z Index
22. Once I start employment, when will my PERS retirement benefits become activated?
Classified and unclassified employees expected to work 600 hours or more in a calendar year are eligible to participate in the Public Employees' Retirement System (PERS) after completing six consecutive months of service.
Unclassified employees are eligible to choose between PERS or the Optional Retirement Plan (ORP) and will receive information about their retirement options from Employee Benefits. Classified employees will be automatically enrolled in PERS when they are eligible.