- OHR Units
- Employee Benefits
- Strategic Staffing/Workforce Planning (formerly Employment Services)
- Classification & Compensation
- HR Solutions (formerly ERCC)
- Systems & Technology (formerly Strategic & Technical Services)
- Learning and Organizational Development
- Life Balance
- A to Z Index
18. How do I enroll a domestic partner in coverage, and how does that impact my benefit deductions?
You can request an Affidavit of Domestic Partnership form for domestic partner coverage by emailing Employee Benefits or downloading the Affidavit of Domestic Partnership form directly. A Domestic Partner (and family) can be listed when you enroll as a new hire, or if they recently became eligible (within 31 days), as long as they meet the criteria defined in the Affidavit. The rates for adding domestic partners are the same as noted for a spouse in the benefits information. Keep in mind, however, that there is an additional cost called the "imputed value" that will be reflected in your taxes. The imputed value is added to your earnings, taxed, and taken back out. The "value" of the benefit is considered taxable and may increase your taxes -- sometimes significantly. We cannot provide you with information regarding the effect on your taxable income; you will need to consult a tax advisor.