- OHR Units
- Employee Benefits
- Strategic Staffing/Workforce Planning (formerly Employment Services)
- Classification & Compensation
- HR Solutions (formerly ERCC)
- Systems & Technology (formerly Strategic & Technical Services)
- Learning and Organizational Development
- Life Balance
- A to Z Index
05. I just completed my enrollment. When can I start using the coverage? What information do I need to provide to the doctor's/dentist's office?
You can use the coverage as soon as it is effective. However, it does take some time for the information to be processed through PEBB's system and that of the insurance company. Therefore, you should give the doctor's/dentist's office your group number and subscriber number (this is the YVP# for Regence BlueCross BlueShield and P# for all other carriers), and they can bill the insurance company directly. If you use the coverage right away, your claims may be denied initially. If so, ask the provider to resubmit the claim. In most cases, they will go through the second time. If you continue to have problems, contact Employee Benefits. If you need prescription drugs soon after enrolling, you may have to pay for the prescription; then submit receipts and documentation for reimbursement.