- OHR Units
- Employee Benefits
- Strategic Staffing/Workforce Planning (formerly Employment Services)
- Classification & Compensation
- HR Solutions (formerly ERCC)
- Systems & Technology (formerly Strategic & Technical Services)
- Learning and Organizational Development
- Life Balance
- A to Z Index
19. I am terminating employment/working reduced hours/going on leave without pay. When will my coverage end?
Classified employees must be paid for at least 80 hours per month to maintain benefits eligibility. Academic/professional employees must receive at least 50% of full-time pay in order to maintain benefits eligibility. For any month in which you fall below the eligibility requirements, coverage will end at the end of that month. If you meet the 80-hour/50% pay requirement in the month in which you terminate or go on leave, you will be covered through the end of the following month. It is always a good idea to notify Employee Benefits of any changes in your employment status that might affect your benefits. We receive notification from a variety of sources, but it sometimes arrives in our office after the benefits have already been taken. Overpayments can usually be avoided if we receive timely notification.