Most curricular proposals require liaison with other academic units. The purposes of liaison are:
- To gather information and opinions concerning the propriety and quality of the changes being proposed.
- To assure that students (including those outside the department) are not adversely affected by curricular changes.
- To reduce duplication of curriculum and enhance complementarity of curriculum within the university and with other HECC institutions.
Feedback should be solicited from all campus units whose programs or students could be affected by the proposal and/or whose common subject matter pertains to the subject matter of the proposal.
For New or Change Course proposals, please also include:
- A list of courses for which this course/sequence serves as a prerequisite or corequisite.
- A list of those courses for which this course serves as a crosslist.
- Documentation (e-mails are OK) showing that all participating units agree with the proposal; department chair/head and college-level approvals are required from each.
For program proposals, please include letters of liaison and/or support from other institutions with similar programs.