Catalog Changes Permitted During Proofing
The following changes to existing courses may be made by units during the catalog proofing process or any other time of year without the need for a Category II Proposal:
- Correct typos in a course title
- Correct typos or make minor edits to a course description
- Add a blanket or special topics course (399, 499, 599, 699, 401-410, 501-510, 601-610) if the department offers the appropriate program
The following changes to majors, minors, options, certificates are also permitted during the catalog proofing process:
- Add or delete courses from a list of electives, provided the change does not increase or decrease the required number of credits for the program. Note: Adding or deleting a required course in the major does necessitate a Category II proposal.
- Correct course titles, numbers or credits that have changed.
Any editing that changes the meaning or content of the course or changes degree requirements must be submitted for approval as a Category II Proposal.
Additional Information: Category II Proposal