Department of Business Administration
- Recognize entrepreneurial opportunities for new business ventures and evaluate their potential for business success
- Understand the implementation issues including financial, legal, operational and administrative procedures involved in starting new business ventures
- Communicate effectively and professionally in business situations through physical or virtual presence, writing, speaking, listening, and electronic media.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead by using team building skills and facilitating collaborative behaviors in the accomplishment of group goals and objectives.
- Demonstrate good work habits, time management and self discipline.
- Recognize basic concepts and theories related to business ethics and social responsibility.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the ethical behavior appropriate to specific business situations.
- Identify and analyze business problems and opportunities and formulate recommendations for courses of action.
- Use quantitative and qualitative tools and methodologies to support organizational decision making.
- Demonstrate awareness of the global, economic, environmental, political, ethical, legal and regulatory contexts of business practice.
Functional area Learning Objectives:
- Assess how organizations create value in their global supply chains through the integrated production and distribution of goods, services and information.
- Describe the concept of competitive advantage and how it may be achieved through strategic and tactical methods.
- Analyze the information content of organizational processes.
- Define markets and apply marketing concepts and principles using a customer focus to effectively sell products and services.
- Recognize and appropriately respond to ethical, legal and strategic concerns relating to human resource and organizational management.
- Apply accounting concepts and methods to interpret financial statements for evaluating the financial position and performance of organizations.
- Interpret and analyze accounting information for internal control, planning, performance evaluation, and coordination to continuously improve business processes.
- Make basic investment and financing decisions for a business using financial managements and methods