- APAA Home
- Academic Programs
Baccalaureatte Core Assessment Grants for 2013
APAA announces 2013 grant funding for two $5,000 awards. The grants are available to academic units or a group of faculty to gather student learning data for Baccalaureate Core assessment undergoing review this year and next year (i.e., Speech, Mathematics, Fitness, DPD and WIC courses in the Colleges of Agricultural Science, Business and PHHS).
- Additional details and the application.
- Contact Stefani Dawn, the Assistant Director for Assessment, with questions 541-737-0919 or Stefani.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PROPOSAL DEADLINE: Friday, February 22, 2013.
APAA Awards Two $7500 Baccalaureatte Core Assessment Grants for 2012
APAA is pleased to announce that in 2012 it awarded two grants in the amount of $7500 each. The grants went to Dr. Judy Bowker and team in the School of Arts and Communication, and Ms. Shireen Hyrapiet and team in the College of Earth, Oceanic and Atmospheric Sciences. The projects are:
- "Assessment of Bacc Core Learning Outcomes for Speech: Communication 111, 114, and 218" (Bowker, PI)
- "Assessment of CGI and STS Bacc Core Courses in the College of Earth, Oceanic and Atmospheric Sciences" (Hyrapiet, PI) - (GEO 300, GEO 306, GEO 308, GEO 335, GEO 350)
The projects will gather student learning data for corresponding Baccaluareate Core Student Learning Outcomes across multiple courses reaching approximately 2400 students.
What is the Baccalaureate Core?
The Baccalaureate Core is the "core" set of required courses for Oregon State University students. The purpose of the Baccalaureate Core is to develop a well-rounded student with a broad set of skills and knowledge in:
- biological and physical sciences;
- cultural diversity;
- literature and the arts;
- social process and institutions;
- western culture;
- contemporary global issues;
- science, technology and society; and
- difference, power, and discrimination.
Thus, students who obtain a degree from Oregon State University should not only be skilled in their major, but possess skills and knowledge that are valuable to employers and to themselves to help them successfully navigate our multi-faceted, complex world.
Baccalaureate Core Category Student Learning Outcomes
The Baccalaureate Core Category Student Learning Outcomes describe the skills, knowledge and values that are developed as a result of completing the Baccalaureate Core courses at Oregon State University. Each category has its own set of learning outcomes.
For more information about the Baccalaureate Core go to: http://oregonstate.edu/main/baccalaureate-core