- APAA Home
- Academic Programs
Category I proposals are used to designate major curricular changes that require approval at the state level (Oregon University System Provosts' Council, Chancellor's Office or Oregon State Board of Higher Education). There are two types of Category I proposals: Full and Abbreviated.
Submit a Full Category I Proposal for:
Submit an Abbreviated Category I Proposal to:
Submit a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) for:
Enter a new proposal or look up one already submitted. Questions can be directed to Sarah Williams 541-737-9560.
Looking Up a Proposal Already Submitted:
- Signed Transmittal Sheet (form)
- Executive Summary
- Proposal: (form: [pdf|doc]) for Full Category I or (form) for Abbreviated Category I or (pdf) for New Location.
- Library Evaluation (see policy)
- Liaison Comments: Internal to OSU (Format for Letter or E-mail of Liaison)
- Letters of Support: External to OSU
- These things go on file in our office:
- Accessibility Form - read and signed (form)
- Abridged Faculty CV's
- Budget---NEW---Effective Jan. 1, 2013, all Category 1 budgets must be prepared in collaboration with a Business Center. Consult the Budget Preparation Instructions for further details and contact information.
- Academic Programs Committee Preliminary Meeting
- Library Evaluation
- Budget and Fiscal Planning Committee Review
- Graduate Council Review
- Curriculum Council Review
- Faculty Senate Approval via FS Executive Committee
- OUS Provosts' Council
- External Review (if grad)
- Oregon State Board of Higher Education
- Campus Announcement
Follow-Up on New Programs:
If your Category I proposal is for a new degree or certificate program, there will be a three-year and a five-year follow up review to ensure that adequate progress is being made toward the goals of the program. Both reviews will be initiated by the Office of Academic Programs, Assessment and Accreditation. See Policy on Three- and Five-Year Year Follow Up Review.