Many of the concepts talked about in the Web Accessibility section, including WCAG 2.0, are very similar for document accessibility. While these pages are in development, if you have questions not answered in the web accessibility section, email us and check out a few already available resources on this topic:
General document accessibility information:
- Recent presentation given on document accessibility (pdf).
- Recent webinar given on document accessibility.
- The GOALS project has great resources on how to create accessible Microsoft Office and Adobe documents with information on how to convert to accessible PDFs. These cheatsheets are available for Windows and Mac operating systems.
Microsoft Office products:
- Microsoft Accessibility
- Microsoft resources on creating accessible Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents with information on how to save Microsoft documents in PDF format with accessibility features.
- WebAIM article on Microsoft Word accessibility techniques.
- Adobe Acrobat Accessibility
- Adobe Accessibility Quick Reference Card for Word to PDF Conversion
- A Disability Access Services PDF accessibility blog post.
- WebAIM article on accessible PDF techniques.