Living in the heart of Beaver Nation is an amazing experience ...
Benny wants you to stay!
Changes and updates for fall 2015 Returning Resident Applicants
- Hall Information: Amenities, Living-Learning Communities and Special Interest Communities (New communities!)
- Dining Plan Information: 2015-16 Dining Plans feature up to a 25 percent discount for on-campus residents!
- Housing Tours: Plan a visit; view photos, videos and floorplans.
- Interest Form: Fill out an interest form today to ensure you get the first pick of on-campus rooms starting Wednesday, April 1 (times may be assigned based on level of interest).* (Interest form is now closed).
- Online Housing Application: Available as of Monday, March 16. Please fill out via your MyUHDS account.
*To be eligible for room selection April 1-5, returning residents must submit an Interest Form online by 11:59 p.m. March 16.
Important Dates for Fall 2015 Returning Resident Applicants
- March 13, 2015: Tour opportunities!
1. South Side Tour (Halsell, Bloss, ILLC), 4 p.m. Friday, March 13. Tour group will depart from Arnold Service Center.
2. East Side Tour (Tebeau), 3 p.m. Friday, March 13. Tour group will depart from south entrance to Tebeau Hall (near the SHS Same-Day Clinic).
3. West Side Tour (Weatherford, Cauthorn, Poling, Hawley, Buxton, West and Sackett), 3 p.m. Friday, March 13. Tour group will depart from UHDS Central Office (102 Buxton).
- March 16, 2015: Interest forms must be turned in by this date.
- March 16, 2015: Housing Application available on MyUHDS. Apply and select your roommate(s).
- April 1, 2015: Current OSU Students who indicated interest in returning to on-campus housing may begin picking rooms and signing a housing and dining contract via MyUHDS for 2015-2016.*
- April 6– April 30, 2015: All Current OSU students may select rooms via MyUHDS.*
- May 15, 2015: Current OSU student contract cancellation deadline for 2015-2016.
*$50 contract signing fee will be charged to your student account.
*$900 room rate discount is available only to current OSU students who select a room through April 30, 2015. Discount available to first 1,000 returning students. Transfers from other institutions and new students are not eligible for returning resident discount. Discount will be applied to student accounts once per academic term in the amount of $300. If a student moves out of the halls midterm/year and breaks their contract this discount is forfeited.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about Returning Resident Room Selection
Living with University Housing & Dining Services for another year gives returning residents great benefits:
- All returning residents get a $100/month rebate on their room rate! Save a total of $900 for the year, as a sign of appreciation for your loyalty and being committed to the on campus environment. It will be credited to your student account once each academic term in the amount of $300.
- Get the first pick of rooms on campus. Students who fill out a housing interest from can select their rooms starting April 1.
- Save 25% off food in dining centers with your resident discount! Only campus residents can claim this new greater 25% discount with their dining plan starting next fall.
- Avoid the hassle of off-campus rentals. Living on campus means one bill and no required deposits or security fees! All utilities, WiFi and laundry facilities are included. UHDS staff will clean common areas and remove trash daily (no need to walk to outside dumpsters starting Fall 2015).
- Live with other upperdivision students in Tebeau, Halsell or Bloss halls. While first year students are required to live on campus, a growing number of upper-division and transfer students find equal value and benefits from living on campus. To further accommodate students who are older than our traditionally-aged first year students, we have created a program geared towards providing upper-division students the tools and opportunities to prepare for the future after college through focusing on five distinct areas: career planning, leadership and involvement, academic enhancement, experiencing diversity, and enhancing community. Students living in these communities must be at least 20 years old OR a transfer student OR a returning student.
To learn more about these options, please contact UHDS via email or by calling 541-737-4771.