Planning resources and information
Below are a variety of documents to help you in your planning. These documents are for the 2013-2014 Academic Year and Summer. All of the documents will open as .pdfs.
- 2013 Residential Conferences Rate Sheet – Our 2013-2014 Rate Sheet, which includes housing, linen, and dining rates, as well as discounts available.
- 2013 Residential Conferences Timeline and Deadlines – Detailed list of our deadlines, conference reservation timeline, preparation, and wrap-up processes.
- 2013 Residential Conferences Additional Fees and Damage Charges – For your reference. We are happy to provide additional services as needed. Coming soon.
- 2013 Additional Information for Conference Sponsors – Information about standard meal times, check-in, desk hours, and information for youth groups. Coming soon.
- OSU Youth Programs Policies and Guidelines – This is a guide from OSU's Precollege Programs office. Those conferences that are officially affiliated with OSU must follow these guidelines. For non-OSU groups, this may provide helpful information and context about OSU’s expectations and policies related to youth groups on campus.
Information we need from you
In order to best understand the needs of you and your group and best serve you, we will request the following from you prior to arrival. Our staff will work with you to gather this information.
- Conference or camp schedule
- For youth groups: list of all chaperone and staff rooms and contact information
- Food allergies or special needs
We highly recommend a ratio of youth to staff/chaperones of 10:1. Chaperones and staff are expected to be present whenever youth are in the dining centers or residence halls and help maintain the safety and security of all people and property. At the beginning of your stay, our staff will request to meet with your chaperones and staff to go over safety and emergency procedures, as well as provide information about UHDS policies and how to contact our staff when needed.
For a fee, some adult conference groups may choose to have their participants reserve rooms individually and directly with Residential Conferences. In addition to adhering to the UHDS Policy Guide, all guests must also agree to the terms and conditions of the Short Term Housing agreement. These terms and conditions will be outlined in the reservation process.
Oregon State is a smoke-free campus. Smoking is not allowed anywhere on the Corvallis campus (OAR Chapter 576, Division 040). Read more about the policy.
Unforeseen facility maintenance and emergencies
Due to the unpredictable needs for summer facility maintenance, upgrades, and cleaning, your actual assignment to specific housing and dining facilities may change after we confirm your reservation and prior to your arrival. In addition, unforeseen building maintenance repairs or emergencies may necessitate our changing hall assignments on short notice. This rarely happens and we do our best to accommodate you in the building that will best suit your needs.
Assigning space to conferences
We assign your group to residence hall and dining space based on the following criteria:
- Size of the group
- The type of housing and meal plans selected
- Building preference (whenever feasible)
- The needs of all the groups requesting conference arrangements during the same period of time.
To best meet the needs of all participants (and help our staff with guest preparations), we recommend that you request information from your participants about needs listed below:
- Wheelchair accessible lodging
- Cooling unit for medication or medical supplies requiring refrigeration
- Assistive devices (specify types)
- Special meals due to food allergies or digestive disorders
- Sign language interpreter
- FM amplification system (specify type)
- Audio-taped materials
- Sighted guides for assistance to and from specific sessions
- Transportation to and from specific sessions
- Large print
- Other medical or mobility needs
Please inform us of any accommodations pertaining to the medical or mobility situation needed during your group’s stay. Whenever possible, we ask these request be made at least three weeks in advance. We will do our best to meet a guest’s needs inside of that window, though.