START (for fall term admits)

START is a program hosted in the summer in Corvallis, Oregon where students can receive academic advising and register for the fall term classes.  Knowing that international students have limitations due to travel costs or visa restrictions, on whether or not they can make a START session in the summer, there are 3 options for you to select who you would like to be advised and register for your fall term classes.  

The options below are only for fully admitted degree-seeking undergraduate students, F-1 or J-1 visa holders:

  1. Attend START: If you are able, we encourage you to attend an on-campus summer START program.  You can sign up online here.
  2. International Online Orientation: If you are unable to come to Corvallis, then you can access the International Online Orientation.  You must complete online orientation first before you are able to connect with an advisor and register for classes. To access and for directions you can go here
  3. Advising/Registration in the Fall: If you are unable to come to campus or complete the International Online Orientation, then you will be able to see an advisor and register for classes when you come to Corvallis in September for New International Student Orientation.

All new international students must attend New International Student Orientation in the fall, even if you participate in option #1 or option #2 above. 

Undergraduate Pathway Progressor Students

If you will be progressing to OSU during summer or fall 2015 from the INTO OSU Undergraduate Pathway program, you can do one of the following options in order to register for fall term classes:

  1. Attend Progressor Orientation Day.  Held on Friday, June 19, 2015.  Contact Alex Beck for more details about this orientation.
  2. Attend a Transfer START session during the summer.  You are considered a Transfer student, so if you come to a summer START session, be sure it is a Transfer Session.  Those are held on June 30, July 15, July 24, and August 26.  You can sign up here.
  3. Advising/Registration in the Fall.  If you are unable to do option #1 or #2 then you can receive advising and register for fall term classes when you attend the International Student Orientation in the fall. 

Please note: Undergraduate Pathway progressor students should not take the International Online Orientation.